The Shimano Curado BFS (Bait Finesse System) baitcasting reel is a highly sought-after addition to the Curado range. Curado BFS was designed for finesse fishing, which means fishing with extremely lightweight lures and thin lines. Inspired by the Japanese domestic market, the Curado BFS baitcasting reel features a shallow ultralight spool, which makes casting with thin lines significantly easier compared to traditional spools.
The Curado BFS is equipped with Shimano’s Finesse Tune Brake (FTB) system, which reduces the weight of the reel, as the drag system has been moved from the spool onto the inside of the side plate. The result is a spool that spins very easily, which is felt practice as effortless casting, even when using very lightweight lures. In addition, the FTB system only produces drag where necessary, which provides solid casting length without tangled lines. FTB can be adjusted on the outside of the reel easily and accurately.
Shimano Curado BFS introduces the joy and ease of ultralight fishing to baitcasters!
• Cross Carbon Drag with exciting drag sound. Shimano Cross Carbon discs provide a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever. The drag produces a ratchet-like sound when the line is pulled out by a fish
• Hagane body. The Hagane body ensures reliable operation even under heavy load. Eliminating body flexing in all situations is extremely important for the proper operation of the mechanism and the entire reel.
• S3D (Shimano Stable Spool Design). The new spool design reduces vibration during casting, which improves the fishing feel even further
• S A-RB bearings made from stainless steel. The surface of an A-RB bearing is harder than regular bearings, which allows for lower rolling resistance. In addition, this type of bearing is much more resistant to corrosion than steel bearings. The S-type bearings are also sealed to keep away dirt
• Super Free System (SF) was designed to reduce spool friction when casting. The SF system features a pinion gear that is supported by a ball bearing, which produces less friction during casting and ensures that the pinion gear and spool shaft are perfectly aligned
• X-Ship. Shimano’s X-Ship design means that the most critical components are supported from each end and kept precisely in their places. This allows you access to plenty of power and torque, which will become apparent when fighting your record fish!
• Silent Drive technology minimizes clearance inside the reel and reduces noise
• Shimano Finesse Tune Brake system
- Gear ratio: 8.2:1
- Bearings: 7+1
- Line capacity m/mm: 50/0,23
There are no reviews yet.