The low-profile Shimano Aldebaran MGL baitcasting reel is a true featherweight in the finesse class. Aldebaran is made at a Shimano plant in Japan, so you can be sure of its high quality and performance! As Aldebaran MGL weighs just 135 grams, it is a good fit with any BFS rod (Bait Finesse Fishing). It still packs a full 4.5 of drag force, which is enough for pike as well.
The body of Aldebaran MGL is made from magnesium, making it strong but especially light. The body hides a massive number of advanced Shimano reel technologies you can trust time after time.
• Hagane body, magnesium. Hagane body ensures reliable operation even under significant load. For the proper functioning of the gearing and the entire reel, it is extremely important that the body cannot twist at any time.
• MGL, magnumlite cold forged aluminum spool
• Ci4+ materials used for rotor and body
• X-Ship. The Shimano X-Ship technology means that the critical gearing components are supported at both ends. This provides you plenty of power and torque, which will become apparent when you are fighting your record catch.
• The S A-RB bearings are made from stainless steel. The surface of an A-RB bearing is harder than regular bearings, which means that it has a lower rolling resistance. This bearing type is also significantly more resilient against corrosion than steel bearings. In addition, the S type bearing is sealed to prevent dirt from penetrating it.
• Waterproof drag system
• S3D spool reduces vibration during casting
• Super Free System (SF) was designed to reduce spool friction during casting. In the SF system, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which reduces the friction on casting and also ensures that the pinion gear and spool axle are perfectly aligned with each other.
• Shimano Silent Tune reduces vibration on the reel during reeling
• Anti-reverse bearing
• Made in Japan
- Brand: Shimano
- Weight g: 135
- Bearings: 9+1
There are no reviews yet.