Shimano Metanium DC is a true masterpiece made at a Shimano plant in Japan. The Metanium DC reel incorporates many fine features, such as the high-quality 9+1 bearings, X-Ship, Hagane body, MicroModule, S3D spool, etc., but its most impressive feature is probably the digital I-DC5 casting brake system. The system includes a microchip inside the reel that makes 1,000 calculations each second to adjust the brake force during a cast. Each angler who has used a baitcasting reel knows that tangles may be quite common, and I-DC5 is Shimano’s answer to this issue. All you have to do is adjust the casting settings (used lure and line) and Metanium DC will handle the braking.
Metanium is a truly versatile baitcasting reel, which is excellently suited for zander and perch fishing, for example. Fish smarter – choose the Shimano Metanium DC baitcasting reel!
• X-Ship. The Shimano X-Ship technology means that the critical gearing components are supported at both ends. This provides you plenty of power and torque, which will become apparent when you are fighting your record catch.
• Hagane body. Hagane body ensures reliable operation even under significant load. For the proper functioning of the gearing and the entire reel, it is extremely important that the body cannot twist at any time.
• Micro Module. Reduces reel vibration during reeling. Feel the amazing smoothness in your hands on each turn of the reel handle.
• The S A-RB bearings are made from stainless steel. The surface of an A-RB bearing is harder than regular bearings, which means that it has a lower rolling resistance. This bearing type is also significantly more resilient against corrosion than steel bearings. In addition, the S type bearing is sealed to prevent dirt from penetrating it.
• Super Free System (SF) was designed to reduce spool friction during casting. In the SF system, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which reduces the friction on casting and also ensures that the pinion gear and spool axle are perfectly aligned with each other.
• S3D (Shimano Stable Spool Design). A new spool construction that reduces vibrations when casting, thus improving the fishing response even further.
• The intelligent I-DC5 braking system allows the angler to adjust the casting settings. Choose your line type between monofilament, fluorocarbon, or braided line. Next, you choose the weight category of your lure. 1. Large lures 2. Medium lures 3. Small lures 4. Finesse lures The braking system also includes an AUTO function that adjusts the settings for you. The I-DC5 system incorporates more magnets than before to aid with the braking and ensure its smoothness.
• Cross Carbon Drag system. The Shimano Cross Carbon drag discs ensure smooth operation throughout the range, while also enabling a wide range of adjustment
• Anti-reverse bearing
- Brand: Shimano
- Warranty: 24 mo.
- Bearings: 9+1
- Line capacity m/mm: 150/0,25
There are no reviews yet.