The Shimano Speedmaster LD II baitcasting reel is a sturdy reel designed for sea fishing. The Speedmaster is equipped with a handy toggle that allows you to switch the gear ratio while you are fishing. When you need to reel in your lure or bait quickly, choose the 5.7:1 ratio. When you need more power instead of speed, choose the 3.1:1 ratio that allows you to use the entire force of the reel.
While Speedmaster is a robust reel, it is on the lighter side in terms of weight, due to the Shimano Compact design. This is particularly nice when you are in the middle of an extended fight with your catch. The large reel handle knob provides a firm grip, the Hagane body can withstand even stronger loads, and the high-quality Shimano bearings ensure a smooth and comfortable fishing trip.
• Hagane body. Hagane body ensures reliable operation even under significant load. For the proper functioning of the gearing and the entire reel, it is extremely important that the body cannot twist at any time.
• 2 ratios, 5.7:1 and 3.1:1
• Dual-position lever drag
• Super Free System (SF) was designed to reduce spool friction during casting. In the SF system, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which reduces the friction on casting and also ensures that the pinion gear and spool axle are perfectly aligned with each other.
• The S A-RB bearings are made from stainless steel. The surface of an A-RB bearing is harder than regular bearings, which means that it has a lower rolling resistance. This bearing type is also significantly more resilient against corrosion than steel bearings. In addition, the S type bearing is sealed to prevent dirt from penetrating it
• Line capacity of the 12LD model is 350YDS/20LB, while the capacity of the 16LD model is 440 YDS/20LB
- Reel model: SPM16II
- Handedness: Right
- Brand: Shimano
- Warranty: 24 mo.
- Weight g: 750
- Bearings: 4
There are no reviews yet.